Recipes by TypeRomantic Recipes
Cookies & Candies
Hot & Spicy
Jellies & Jams
Salad & Dressings
Sauces & Gravies
Soups & Stews
Quick & Easy
A great way to make little bits of left overs into a tasty meal. Experiment, this is something you just about can't go wrong with.
Spray very large pie pan or flan pan.
Place 1 pkg. frozen, chopped spinach (thawed) in the center of the pan. Use a fork to separate it and scatter it around the plate.
Sprinkle with 1/3 cup finely chopped onions.
Top with slices of Swiss cheese (approx. 1 c. or 4 oz.). Add bacon bits if desired.
Sprinkle with several tablespoons Parmesan cheese.
In blender mix:
2 C. milk (can be skim, whole, whatever your fat preference) 5 eggs
1/3 c. Bisquick or other baking mix
1/4 tsp. salt 6-8 dashes hot pepper sauce
1 t. dried mustard or 1T. prepared mustard
Pour over spinach. Then decorate with sliced fresh mushrooms.
Variations (Rather than spinach & Swiss cheese):
1. Scatter diced ham over the bottom of the pan, I use about 1 1/2 c. Sprinkle with about 1 c. shredded cheddar or Swiss or a combination.
2. Use 1/2 c. diced ham and 1-11/2 c. diced frozen or fresh steamed (or microwaved) broccoli. Sprinkle with about 1 c. shredded cheddar or Swiss or a combination. Add an extra squeeze of mustard.
3. Diced shrimp and/or crab with Swiss cheese.
4. Use a mixture of thawed or steamed vegetables, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, onions. Sprinkle with about 1 c. shredded cheddar.
5. Brown 1/2 lb. bacon. 1/3 c. chopped onion. Sprinkle with about 1 c. shredded cheddar or Swiss or a combination.
6. Shrimp & pepper cheese – add an extra dash of hot sauce.
7. Drained and browned sausage, onion and cheese with or without broccoli.
8. Bacon, sliced tomato, onion and cheese.
Use your imagination – and your leftovers!
Yield: 6-8 servings
Prep Time: 15 minutes
Cook Time: 50-60 minutes
Other recipes by First Farm Inn:
Pastrami Cheese Ball
Garlic-Herb Boursin Cheese
Wonderful Easy Spinach
Lemon Coffee Cake