Recipes by TypeRomantic Recipes
Cookies & Candies
Hot & Spicy
Jellies & Jams
Salad & Dressings
Sauces & Gravies
Soups & Stews
Quick & Easy
Blueberry Muffins From A New Beginning Bed & Breakfast
Soft and moist blueberry muffins with a crunchy top from the baked raw sugar!
2 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 cup plus 5 teaspoons sugar
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup milk
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 teaspoon grated orange zest
1 cup fresh blueberries
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a standard-size muffin pan with nonstick cooking spray or baking papers.
2. In large bowl, whisk flour, 3/4 cup of the sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3. In small bowl, whisk together milk, eggs, oil and orange zest. Pour milk mixture into well in flour mixture, and then stir just until combined. Fold in blueberries.
4. Spoon batter into prepared muffin pan, 1/3 cup batter in each cup. Each muffin cup should be about 3/4 full. Fill the two empty muffin cups with water, so muffins bake evenly.
5. Sprinkle each muffin with 1/2 teaspoon raw sugar. Bake muffins at 375 degrees for 23 to 25 minutes, until crowned and lightly brown. Remove from pan and cool on wire rack. Serve warm or at room temperature.
Yield: 10 to 12 muffins
Prep Time: 10 minutes
Cook Time: 23 to 25 minutes
Other recipes by A New Beginning B&B:
Stuffed French Toast From A New Beginning Bed & Breakfast
Dried Cherry And White Chocolate Chip Muffins From A New Beginning Bed & Breakfast