Recipes by TypeRomantic Recipes
Cookies & Candies
Hot & Spicy
Jellies & Jams
Salad & Dressings
Sauces & Gravies
Soups & Stews
Quick & Easy
Asparagus Roll Up
Wonderful flavors for Appetizers or for a Tea!
12 Asparagus spears, use 4" of top.
4 large sheets phyllo dough, thawed.
12 thin slices of ham or prosciutto
1 pkg of Sargento Bistro Blend of Mozzarella w/sun dried tomatoes & basil.
4 Tbl. melted Butter
1. Preheat oven 375'F. Have bowl of ice water on hand.
2. In pot of boiling salted water, cook asparagus for one minute. Tranfer to ice water with slotted spooon. Once cool, transfer to paper towels to drain. Pat dry.
3. Lay first phyllo sheet on cutting board; brush entire surface with melted butter. Top with next phyllo sheet and brush with butter; repeat with remaining two sheets. Cut into 12 small rectangles.
4. Place one piece of ham on each rectangle. Place asparagus spears on top w/tips extending beyond the edges. Sprinkle cheese on & roll phyllo up around asparagus and brush with butter.
5. Place rolls on baking sheet and bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
Prep Time: 20 Minutes
Cook Time: 10-12 minutes
Rating: 5 of 5 stars
Other recipes by Colonel Taylor Inn B&B:
Pecan Sour Cream Coffee Cake
Apple French Toast
Water Chestnut Hors D'oeuvres