December 2010 Archives
According to an article by Cindy Swirko of the Gainsville paper, Teresa Landry takes her mother, Rita Pure, on a bed and breakfast tour every Christmas.
This year they "came to Gainesville from West Palm Beach and ensconced themselves in the Magnolia Plantation Inn this weekend specifically because of the annual Historic Bed and Breakfast District Holiday Home Tour Saturday night.
"We've been on every single bed and breakfast tour in the state of Florida. I take my mom away every year on a Christmas trip. We've been to Amelia Island, St. Augustine, Mount Dora ..."That's what brought us here -- the Holiday Home Tour all the way from West Palm."
The district just southeast of downtown drew plenty of visitors Saturday night for tours of the historic inns, carriage rides and caroling."
Banners designate the area as the Historic Bed and Breakfast District.
12 days of Christmas 2010
1. Day 12: 2 Free Cedar Point Tickets: Book a 2 night in the room or suite of your choice and receive two free tickets to Cedar Point.
2. Day 11: Free Eat Chocolate Naked Fondue: Book one night in the room or suite of your choice and receive a complimentary Eat Chocolate Naked Fondue.
3. Day 10: $100 Romance Package: Includes our Lovers' Scavenger Hunt, the Eat Chocolate Naked fondue, and one dozen roses, a fragrant Jacuzzi fizz-mo, two dozen candles, and a romantic array of scattered silk flower petals in your room. Save $50!
4. Day 9: $30 OFF Couple's Massage: Enjoy a relaxing massage in the comfort of a private suite. A licensed Massage Therapist will meet you promptly at your appointment time and treat each of you to a one hour massage.
5. Day 8: Free Wine Dinner with Chef : With a 2 night stay on a weekend! Cooked with 12 Presidents
6. Day 7: 30% OFF Candlelight Dinner for Two: Your private dining experience begins with soft music and candlelight in our private library. Enjoy scrumptious hors d\'oeuvres followed by a cup of soup or crisp salad, delicious entree, potato, fresh vegetable of the day, homemade bread, dessert for two and beverage.
7. Day 6: 49% Inventor's Escape or Smith Room & A Budget Massage: Any week day of the year M-TH
8. Day 5: FREE Dom Perignon: Book one night in the room or suite of your choice and receive a complimentary bottle of Dom Perignon champagne and two keepsake flutes.
9. Day 4: Buy 1 GEt 1 Free on a 3 day cooking school with stay in standard rooms.
10. Day 3: $200 Spa Package: Includes a luxurious in-suite Couple\'s Massage (60 minutes for each of you!), \"Bath Time Frenzy" bath treat package, and a bottle of bubbly with two keepsake flutes.
11. Day 2: BLOW OUT DEAL: 2 Stone massages, choice of eagle or tree, 2 night stay, candle light dinner for 2, bottle of dom, rose pedals bathtime frenzi, 4 dozen candles, to ready go. $1500.00 reg price $780.00
12. Day 1: 50% OFF Any Loft Suite: Any week day of the year M-TH
13. Christmas Day sale: Buy 1 Night Get 1 Night Free Weekends: ONLY 12AVAILABLE, excludes holiday weekends.
Plan a trip to Hudson, New York if you want to learn how to hunt! The Thyme in the Country bed and breakfast is offering a chance for hunters, or those wanting to learn to hunt to spend time with a certified tracker and hunting guide who will be available for a step by step field education. Thyme in the Country puts an emphasis on sustainable hunting practices.
You get a lot here - early breakfasts, even packed lunches, and a hearty evening meal if you want. They are really "green" here also ... with natural fiber bedding and rugs, organic vegetable, herb and flowers gardens, a salt-filtered swimming pool, and expansive acreage. For more information visit www.thymeinthecountrybandb.com. This B&B is a new member of our www.iLoveInns.com website and you can call the nnkeepers (518) 672-6166.