A Perfect Day in Red Feather Lakes, Colorado
What is a Colorado ranch vacation perfect day? Hmmm… “Perfect” is defined by your expectations. Are you looking for:
- A Country Inn Bed & Breakfast weekend get-away?
- A horseback riding family vacation.
- A Murder Mystery?
- An adventure vacation?
- A quiet relaxed elopement wedding?
- A family reunion with no cooking , dishes or cleaning?
A perfect day? Whether for a weekend or a full week, a perfect day looks, feels, smells, tastes and sounds like this:
- Waking up to sunshine streaming through the window;
- The crisp dry air greeting your nose, with a hint of pine;
- The sound of twigs or maybe snow crunching under your feet;
- The sweet and savory tastes of breakfast;
- The gentle rocking of your horse underneath you;
- The crack of your shotgun and the pop! of the clay pigeon;
- Hiking uphill, the gentle sweet burn in your legs and chest;
- The stillness of watching your bobber, waiting for supper to take your bait;
- The aroma of cookies baking;
- Watching the traffic passing by: your dog and our dogs, goats, horses, donkeys…
- The light but unmistakeable scent of their exhaust as they “fertilize” the pastures!
- The laughter when your horse shoe makes a “ringer.”
- The tang of hunger gained from just the right amount of physical activity;
- The warmth of supper and simple relaxed convdersation;
- The smell of pine logs in the campfire or fireplace;
- The sparkle of a billion stars, melting in the jacuzzi with you;
- The delicious flavor of feeling genuinely tired;
- Sleep to the sound of silence, broken by wind in the trees.